Only recognized Swiss brine spa in the alps"The sea in the alps" - the slogan gets to the heart of it! The holiday resort in Breiten above Mörel in the Matterhornstate has since 50 years a brine spa (recognized Swiss health spa). The water is 33°C warm and has 10% of natural brine. 1 l of the water contains 30 gr salt out of the prehistoric sea, which laid 250 Millionen years ago over 'Switzerland'.
- Diseases of the skeleton, sustentacular tissue and locomotor system: a) rheumatic spectrum disorders: arthropathies, osteochon-dritis/spondylosis, "slipped disk", chronic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, soft tissue rheumatism;
- Metabolic disorders: obesity
- Gynecological disorders: sub-chronic inflammation of the pelvic organs, menstrual disorders, primary infertility, climacteric complaints.
- Diseases of the heart and circulatory organs: blood pressure control disorders, arterial and venous circulatory disorders; nervous and functional cardio-vascular disorders.
- Diseases of the respiratory organs: sub-acute and chronic diseases of the upper respiratory tract and the bronchia.
- Degenerative and ageing disorders: stress syndromes and "manager burn-out".
b) mechanical impairments: locomotor impairments following injuries, also Sudeck syndrome; post-operative treatment following orthopaedic surgery and neurosurgery (e.g. prolapsed intervertebral disc).
- Our hotel Salina Maris is fully accredited for medical purposes by the Swiss Federal Department of Internal Affairs as a spa (according to Article 40 of the Swiss Federal Law on Medical Insurance). Therefore you may be covered by your Health Insurance
- Breiten is member of the Swiss spa association.
- Breiten is member of Wohlbefinden Schweiz
Medical supportDr. med. R. Menath, Mörel, specialist for general medicine FMH
Dr. med. P. Heinzen, Brig, homeopath
Consiliary cooperation with specialist in surgery orthopedy, earmedecine, gynecology, rheumatology.