Arrival and departure
How to reach the spa hotel Salina Maris in the Matterhornstate
If you arrive after 21:00 pm, please notify us before.
Transfer from the train station
Until 30 April 2020 we offer this service free of charge to our Swiss guests who book their stay directly with us!
Arrival by train
Please inform us about your arrival time. Our car will pick you up at the train station.
Link to the SBB Timetable
Do you have lots of luggage?Your luggage can be picked up from your home address in Switzerland and be brought directly to our hotel! Further information you find on the Website SBB
Arrival with the car
- Drive from Bern via Spiez to Kandersteg and through the Lötschberg (car transfer) to Visp and Brig.
- Drive from Lausanne via Sion and Visp to Brig.
- From Italy, you drive over the Simplon pass or through the Simplon tunnel (car ferry) to Brig in Switzerland.
- From Brig, you drive direction Furka and you reach after 7 km to Mörel.
Attention: stay on the main road in the valley and turn in Bitsch NOT direction Ried-Mörel!
- From Luzern direction Gotthard. In Göschenen turn via Andermatt to Realp. There the train (car ferry) brings you to Oberwald. During the summer you also have the possibility to drive with the car over the Furka pass.
- From the Ticino you drive during summer over the Nufenen pass to Ulrichen. During winter, we recommend you to drive via Italy over the Simplon pass or through the Gotthard tunnel and with the Furka car ferry to Oberwald.
- From Oberwald or Ulrichen you drive direction Brig. In the middle of Mörel, beside the cable car station you turn direction Goppisberg, Betten and Breiten. After about 1 km you see the town sign 'Breiten'.
- Stockalper castle
- Bones house
- The largest glacier in the Alps is recognized by the UNESCO as the center of the world natural heritage 'Swiss Alps - Jungfrau, Aletsch'. The dimensions of the ice giant are still enormous, despite climate change: 23 kilometers long, up to 900 meters wide and 27 billion tonnes. The hike through the Aletsch forest, high above the ice giant, is one of the most beautiful hikes in the Alps.
It is also recommended taking a walk from the Belalp through the nature reserve of the Aletsch forest to Villa Cassel on the Riederalp. Since July 2008, the route passes a 124 meter-long suspension bridge over the imposing Massa canyon.
http://www.wanderland.ch/en/routes/route-0150.html • Telefon 027 928 60 50
- Kaspar Jodok von Stockalper was the “Fugger” of the Alps and most ingenious early capitalist far and wide. He bought and sold everything that somehow promised some profit. The Stockalper castle in Brig bears witness to its wealth. It is the largest private building of the 17th century in Switzerland. A visit to the castle and a tour of the newly designed garden can only be recommended.
www.brig-glis.ch/stockalperschloss • www.brig-glis.ch/stockalperschloss
- The village in the Matter valley is one of the most popular ski resorts in Switzerland. Located at the foot of the world-famous Matterhorn, it offers pure luxury in the alpine world. Even in the summer, a trip to Zermatt is worthwhile. A blue lake, a green lake and a Schwarzensee await the hiker as a cool down.
www.zermatt.ch • Telefon 027 966 81 00
- The Valais is bilingual. The capital for the French-speaking Valais is called Sion; the upper valais – who speak German – call the capital Sitten. In Sitten resides the government, the bishop and also a cardinal. A hike through the beautiful old town is a very special experience. Also, the foot walk to the two castles Valeria and Tourbillon is highly recommended.
www.sion.ch • www.siontourisme.ch • Telefon 027 327 77 27.
- Milan, the capital of Lombardy, is only a 2-hour train ride from Brig. The modern center around the main station is surpassed by the Pirelli-skyscraper. Fairs take place in the Fiera district. For a visit the most interesting part is the historical core of the city around the cathedral.
- If you are on holiday in the valais, you should also visit Stresa and the Borromean Islands on Lake Maggiore. Drive in just an hour by train from Brig to Domodossola and then to Stresa. After a walk in town and a lunch, you go to the Isola Bella, the largest of the Borromean Islands.
- In the 19th century Interlaken was known for its impressive mountain scenery. The success as a tourist destination was boosted by the construction of the Bernese Oberland Railways and especially the train to the Jungfrau in 1912. Located between Lake Thun and Lake Brienz, the village is surpassed by Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau. Interlaken – attraction for a multicultural audience and a very special shopping center.
- You want visit a real Swiss chocolate factory? Maison Cailler opens the doors to the chocolate world of Cailler. Experience the secrets of the origin and the production of chocolate with all your senses.
- Chaplin – one of the most amazing masters of emotions. Experience the magic of this artist, who spent many years at the end of his life on Lake Geneva. Discover this exhibition in Corsier sur Vevey, dedicated exclusively to Charlie Chaplin.
- The skulls and bones of the deceased were carefully stacked in the ossuary of Naters and Leuk. The ossuary in Naters was built in 1514 and can still be admired. "What you are, we were. What we are, you will be."